Massi Abadi, MS, LMFT
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Adult Psychotherapy & Consultation
Recognizing that you need help can be scary, but actively seeking help is an act of strength.
“This is your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you but no one can walk it for you.” – Rumi
Let me walk this journey with you by creating a safe environment in which you can freely share your concerns and challenges without fear of judgment. Therapy provides the kind of sacred space which will allow you to pause, reflect and gain perspective. I am here to listen to your thoughts and feelings, to assist in processing the sometimes overwhelming emotions that come with life’s struggles, and to lift the cloud that conceals ones deepest fears. The goal of therapy is to bring clarity to one’s life and ultimately resolution to inner conflict.
I graduated in 1997 with a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and obtained my license as a marriage and family therapist in 2001, serving the community ever since. In addition to providing counseling for my clients in my practice, I have regularly facilitated support groups for Parkinson’s Resource Organization and lectured on various mental health issues related to Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers. I am also a clinical supervisor to MFT trainees and interns at Southern California Counseling Center and an approved certified supervisor with the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
Individual Adult Psychotherapy and Consultation
MFT interns and college students are offered special fee.
- Feeling of isolation
- Grief and loss
- Relationship issues
Parkinson’s Disease Related Issues
“I am not my hair. I am not my skin. I am the soul that lives within.” – Rumi
I specialize in providing support to individuals whose lives have been altered by the diagnosis of PD. I myself have been affected by this condition for 18 years. Therefore, I understand how you must constantly adapt and adjust your lives and routine due to the unpredictable nature of this chronic condition.
Allow me to help you
- cope and deal with sadness, anger, loss of job and income
- recognize your fears and become aware of your inner strength
- explore ways to reduce your anxiety about the unknown
- understand how to advocate for yourself in a confusing medical environment
- learn to communicate your needs openly and effectively
Fees, Payment & Insurance
- $90 per 50 minutes
- $50 per 50 minutes (MFT interns and college students)
- Sliding scale available based on individual cases
- I accept cash, check, and Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- I regret that I do not accept any insurance.
- Fee is due at the beginning of each session. The client is responsible to pay the full fee if the session is cancelled in less than 24 hours.
Contact Me99 S. Chester Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91106
(213) 448 – 9511
Parkinson’s Resource Organization
Longevity Acupuncture Center
National Sexual Assault Hotline
National Suicide Prevention lifeline
National Child Abuse Hotline
National Domestic Violence Hotline